Carers SA is searching for talented individuals to help out with a number of projects. If you believe you have what it takes we'd love to hear from you. Please note these are volunteer positions (unpaid) that require special police clearances.
Young Carer Resources Toolkit Project 2017
Carers SA invites a savvy special projects volunteer (student) with a passion for supporting young carers. We would like you to use your skills and flair to produce a toolkit of resources, tips and service connections that will support young carers in their caring role and to pursue individual goals.
Young carers are children and young adults up to 24 years of age, who provide care or assist in the care of a family member of friend who maybe a frail-aged person, someone with disability, chronic or mental illness or someone recovering from an illness or accident.
The special projects volunteer (student) will research and collate resources available to young carers, and collaborate on the design of new resources to:
· Increase wellbeing and resilience
· Increase knowledge related to caring role
· Education and work related support available in SA
You should have:
· An interest in gaining experience in the community and non for profit sector
· Experience in using Microsoft Office
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· An interest in services provided to the community and to disadvantaged populations.
· An understanding of, or willingness to learn about Results Based Accountability (RBA) principles
· Ability to think strategically and outside the square
Note: A current Police clearance or a DCSI clearance (essential)
Internship will run 2 days a week over ~10 weeks (or as negotiated) and is available to commence from May/June 2017 onwards.
To apply submit a cover letter and your CV via the link below
Submit your cover letter / CV via the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.