If you receive a pension or earn income below a certain level, you may be eligible for a range of concessions and discounts for essential Australian, South Australian and local government services.

Concession cards

In South Australia, most concessions and discounts are only available if you or the person you care for holds a current and eligible concession card from Centrelink or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.

Types of concessions

A wide range of concessions and discounts are available for concession card holders.

Different concession cards make you eligible for particular concessions and discounts and the card you hold may not give you every concession that is available.

  • Health: discounts for prescription medicines, no charge for some health services and ambulance cover, help with other health related transport costs.
  • Transport: discounts on public transport, car registration, multi-purpose taxi travel for some people with a disability.
  • Education: help with some adult education and kindergarten fees, school costs and transport to and from school.
  • Energy: discounts on some types of power costs.
  • Home: discounts on council and water rates and some telephone services, crisis payments for utilities or to replace essential items.
  • Recreation: discounted or free entry to many recreational venues, pet registration.

Find out more

Contact South Australian State Concessions or ring our advisory service to find out more.