On this page...
- 25 years celebration.
- Achieved Australian Service Excellence Standards Certification.
- New Port Lincoln office officially opened.
- Funded to work with carers to develop their digital literacy.
- Sponsored the successful Carers SA Carer Achievement Award 2014.
- Inagugural SLAM Poetry Competition recognised young carers 2014.
- No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS) commenced.
- Holding Biennial SA Carers Excellence Awards 2014.
- Delivered Carers SA's State Election campaign: ‘Commit to Carers'.
- Participated in Carers Australia's Federal Election campaign ‘Unpaid Carers the Necessary Investment'.
- Co-location of our Port Pirie, Whyalla and Port Augusta offices to a new refurbished office in Port Augusta.
- Young Carer Recognition Award Ceremony at Government House hosted by our patron the Governor of South Australia Kevin Scarce and Mrs Liz Scarce.
- Sponsorship of the inaugural Carers SA Carer Achievement Award as part of the Australian Community Achievement Awards.
- Establishing a strong social media presence to better engage with family carers and the public.
- Official opening of our new State Office at 66 Greenhill Road Wayville by our our patron the Governor of South Australia Kevin Scarce and Mrs Liz Scarce (Oct 2012).
- Co-location of Mount Gambier programs.
- Awarded a Margaret Tobin Award 2012 for Excellence in the provision of Mental Health services for our regional mental health programme.
- Received an inaugural Carer Recognition Award for the development of our Young Carers Education booklet.
- Commonwealth (FaHCSIA) funded Better Start for Children with a Disability Initiative in South Australia (as part of the national network of Carers Associations).
- Carers SA Facebook page commences.
- Aboriginal Partnership Plan launched in April 2011.
- Consultation with Carers Australia to inform the Australian Government National Carers Strategy.
- Carers SA acknowledged in the Governors Multicultural Award 2010, for our Cultural Diversity Strategy and contribution to the community.
- Carers SA winning the top (silver) award of the THeMHS Conference for its Supporting Carers of People with Mental Illness funded by FaHCSIA.
- Caring for Carers Program, consulted with hundreds of carers over 3 years.
- Commenced registration serive for the Commonwealth (FaHCSIA) funded Better Start for Children with a Disability Initiative.
- Carers SA and the National Network of Carers Associations submission to the Productivity Commission inquiries on ageing and disability on behalf of carers.
- 20 years of Carers SA celebrations.
- Opening of Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centre new offices at Murray Bridge
- Opening of Carers SA - Eyre Carers new offices.
- 10 year Celebration Carers SA – Western Carers.
- 10 year celebration Carers SA - River Murray and Mallee Carers.
- Caring for Carers Have Your Say forums begin.
- Launch and implementation of our Cultural Diversity Strategy.
- Regional Mental Health Program begins.
- The Health and Wellbeing of Adult Family Carers in South Australia, an epidemiological analysis 1994 – 2004 published.
- Opening of Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centre South and East Country Mt Gambier offices.
- Carer Advisory and Counselling Service established by bringing together the Carer Resource Centre and National Carer Counselling Service.
- ARAFMI becomes a Carers SA service.
- New Logo for the National Network of Carers Associations including Carers SA.
- Carers SA receives State Mental Health funding.
- South Australian Carers Recognition Act 2005 passed.
- Carers SA’s 2nd ‘Focus on Carers’ Conference - Carers the Next Generation held.
- Launch of Young Carers Web Page on Carers SA website.
- National Resource Kit for Young Carers produced.
- ATSI Partnership Group established.
- CALD Ambassadors join the Carer Ambassadors Program.
- National Carers Counselling Program established.
- Northern Country Aboriginal Carers of Children with a Disability Project begins.
- Nunga Carers Group begins in Western Adelaide.
- Indigenous Carer Ambassadors join the Carer Ambassadors Program.
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) Community Education Project.
- State Office moves to 58 King William Road.
- SA Carers ‘Focus on Carers‘ Conference.
- First Carers Week Oration.
- Rural conferences at Pinaroo and Whyalla.
- SA Great Awards for Eyre Carers and River Murray and Mallee Carers.
- Opening of Southern Country Carelink Office in Murray Bridge.
- Carer Ambassadors Program begins.
- Western Carer Support offices officially opened March 2000.
- 10 year celebration of Carers SA Inc.
- New Constitution adopted to provide for Board of Governance.
- Southern Country Carer Respite Centre Millicent Office officially opened.
- River Murray and Mallee Carers officially launched.
- Eyre Carers photographic display launched.
- Southern Country Carer Respite Centre opens.
- South East Carers officially opens.
- Carer Resource Centre opened.
- Northern Country Carers officially opens Port Augusta offices.
- Increase in membership.
- Rural Carers, Non English Speaking Background (NESB) Carers, Home Maintenance, Carer Retreats, Carer Scholarships and Policy and Research programs begin.
- “Carers are Customers Too” training program published
- Relocation to King William Road, Unley.
- Publication and distribution of Carer Support Kits in ten community languages.
- Changes to the Constitution.
- Name change to Carers Association of SA Inc.
- Introduction of the Carer Support Kit.
- Association relocated to East Terrace, Adelaide.
- Consolidation at offices in Disability Information Resource Centre (DIRC).
- Association’s application for funding approved.
- Carers Card introduced.
- First Carers Awareness Week.
- South Australian Carers Association Inc is formed, November 1990.
- Ground-swell movement of carers meets and forms the SA Carers Network Committee.
- SA Council on the Ageing undertakes research into caring needs.